May 16 | Pender County - Burgaw NC
Meeting Schedule - May 16 (Burgaw Historic Train Depot - Burgaw County)
- 10:30am - Welcome & Goals, Review where we’ve been
- 11:15am - Discuss items that are unclear, or indicate disagreement
- 12:30pm - Group Photo & Lunch
- 1:35pm -Discuss items of consensus
- 3:00pm - Break
- 3:15pm - What have you learned?
- 4:00pm -Feedback for NCLF, Survey, & Final Wrap-up
- 4:45pm - Graduation & Reception on-site
April 19 | Columbus County - Whiteville
Meeting Schedule - April 19 (Commissioner's Chambers - Whiteville Columbus County Downtown Campus)
- 9:00am - Welcome & Recap
- 9:30am - Benefits and Downsides of “Inadequate supply of housing for rental and home ownership”
- 11:00am - Break
- 11:15am - Benefits and Downsides of “Supply and cost of home ownership”
- 12:30pm - Lunch & Local Panel
- 1:35pm - Benefits and Downsides of “Supply and cost of rental housing”
- 2:30pm - Benefits and Downsides of “Regulations and fees slow down and increase the cost of developing housing”
- 3:50pm - Break
- 4:00pm - Benefits and Downsides of “Misperceptions & NIMBYism”
- 5:00pm - Wrap-Up
- 5:15-6:00pm - Reception onsite
February 27-28 | New Hanover County
Meeting Schedule - February 27-28 (The Embassy Suites Wilmington)
- 11:45am - Arrival & Check-in: Answer "Poll Everywhere" preliminary questions
- 12:15pm - Welcome to New Hanover County & Opening
- 12:45 - Values Prioritization
- 2:00 - Break
- 2:10 - Concerns Revisited: Recap and narrow selection for discussion
- 3:10 - Wrap Up & Meet bus outside
- 3:15 - Bus leaves for Good Shepherd Center
- 5:15 - End tour. Bus returns to hotel
- 6:15 - Reception
- 6:45 - Dinner
- 7:45 - Social time encouraged, adjourn at your leisure.
- 8:30am - Continental breakfast available. Breakfast for guests staying at the hotel is included with their stay.
- 9:00 - Panel discussion
- 10:00 - Develop Actions to Address Concern 1
- 10:50 - Develop Actions to Address Concern 2
- 11:45 - Lunch
- 12:15pm - Develop Actions to Address Concern 3
- 1:00 - Develop Actions to Address Concern 4
- 1:45 - Closing & Housekeeping
- 2:30 - Adjourn
Prior to this meeting, please complete the following:
- Prepare to use the "Poll Everywhere" tool. Download the app to your device:
2. Meet with your buddy - in-person! - and have a substantive conversation on a topic of your choice.
3. Share feedback on facts (what was accurate, inaccurate, or accurate but misleading; what topics do you want more info on) or any other aspect of the event. Email feedback to Minda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 20 | Brunswick County
Meeting Schedule - January 20 (The Brunswick Senior Center)
- 9:00am - Arrival & Check-in
- 9:30am - Welcome, Overview and Ground Rules
- 10:00am-12:30pm - "Who is in the room?"
- 12:30-1:30pm - Lunch & Local Panel
- 1:35-2:30pm - Concerns: When you think about access to housing in the Lower Cape Fear Region, what concerns do you, or others you have spoken with, have?
- 2:30-2:45pm - Break
- 2:45-3:45pm - Underlying Values: What is important or valuable to you when you think about housing in the Cape Fear region?
- 3:45-4:30pm - Data Presentation
- 4:30-5:00pm - Closing
- 5:00-6:00pm - Reception onsite
In preparation for our next meeting, we ask that you:
- Meet with your buddy and have a substantive conversation on a topic of your choice.
- Share feedback on facts (what was accurate, inaccurate, or accurate but misleading; what topics do you want more info on).